Sunday, October 21, 2007

Papelbon is my hero (and I wish my boyfriend)

Okay so not really my boyfriend, but I love him as much as any heterosexual can love another heterosexual.

Dice isn't bad either, and Beckett is the ALCS MVP, and I wish Schilling was my biological father.

Red Sox are going to the World Series for the second time in four years. Papelbon (a MSU grad) got the save in game 7 of the ALCS against the Cleveland Indians and life couldn't be better. I pretty much have a crush on Jonathan, he's so goofy, so country, and such a damn fine game closer. He came in for a full six outs (for the first time this year) and he destroyed them, with noted help from our outfield (Coco Crisp and Jacoby "the Kid" Ellsbury).

Its funny how a sport I had nothing but disdain for is now my favorite sport to keep up with and by far evokes the most emotion. I yell, I clap, I curse, and I love it.

Back from a 3-1 deficit to win 3 games in a row to win the ALCS at home in front of the best fans in any sport in the best town in all sports (you want to argue that?? Red Sox, Patriots, BC, and the Celtics).

It's 11:30pm local time, I have class in the morning, I just cracked a beer, and am probably going to have a few more.

Long live baseball

Go Sox


*you like the pic? that's our dry erase board, home to all RedBullDawgSox sports

Currently Drinking: Samuel Adams Cream Stout

2 comments:

Mary said...

I had never heard Paps talk until they interviewed him tonight. He becomes a completely different person when he's on the mound.

Mallory said...

The Sox won the freakin' WORLD SERIES and you boys can't even post your little metaphor video? Tsk, tsk.

Are you looking for sports? Or maybe just the Red Sox? That team that is in the American League East? That same team that is the rival of the New York Yankees? Maybe you are looking for sports on the rox? Or is it Sports on the Rocks? You may be looking for Sports Drinks. Henry and Trevor read the Boston GlobeBoston Globe. They also read ESPN. If you are also looking for Mississippi State University sports, then you are in the right place too. Dirt Dawgs? Diamond Dawgs? Dawgs in general? You can Google the hell out of this site if you want.